Different seasons call for a wardrobe that goes with it. During hot and humid summers, you’d want to wear clothes with suitable fabrics to keep you comfortable. If you want your summer clothes to last long, you’d need to learn how to wash, dry, and fold them the right way.
Wash, Dry, and Fold Summer Fabrics Like a Pro
Each unique material and fabric for your clothes require different care methods. Manufacturers normally include instructions on the care tag attached to your articles of clothing.
If you do not have the time or patience to learn all this, then you can head to a local laundromat or hire a laundry delivery service provider to handle your dirty pile of clothes.
If you feel more comfortable washing your clothes yourself, here are some tips for handling your summer fabrics like a pro:
This fabric is widely available, and it is the best material for summer clothes. It is comfortable to wear even during warmer seasons. Cotton is lightweight and breathable, which makes it a great option for the hot summer weather.
On top of all that, a lot of stylish outfits of different colors are made with cotton.
Cotton is not only stylish, but it is also comfortable. However, stains tend to develop around the collar and armpit areas of cotton clothing due to sweat. Here is the right way to wash, dry, and fold cotton clothes:
- Use cold water when washing cotton clothes regardless if you are doing it by hand or with the washing machine.
- You can use bleach to wash white cotton clothes, but it is not recommendable for colored ones.
- Use the highest heat level when ironing your cotton clothes. It is the only way to make them crinkle-free.
- Make sure to store your cotton clothes in a cool, dry place.
Linen is another lightweight fabric that can help keep your body cool for the summer. This fabric is breathable and allows sweat and moisture to dry up quickly, which is ideal for the hot summer weather.
Linen is a loosely woven fabric, which is why it does not stick to your body. Since this is the case, it is comfortable and does not stain around the collar and armpit areas. It generally does not develop sweat patches.
Here is how you should wash, dry, and fold linen clothes:
- Prevent your linen clothes from shrinking by washing them with cold water.
- Linen clothes tend to bleed, so wash dark-colored linen clothes separate from the light-colored ones.
- You should dry your linen clothes on a flat surface to avoid wrinkles.
- You can over-dry linen, so fold or put your linen clothes away before it stiffens from over-drying.
Rayon is a light fabric that is made of thin synthetic fibers. This material is comfortable to wear in the summer. This fabric is an ideal material for sportswear.
Rayon is a man-made fabric that is a good alternative to its much more expensive counterpart– silk. Like linen, rayon does not stick to the body, which makes it comfortable during summertime.
Here is the right way to wash, dry, and fold rayon clothes:
- Like linen, rayon can shrink in warm water. Make sure to use cold water when washing your rayon clothes.
- Dry cleaning is considered the best method for rayon. You can go to your local laundromat or book a laundry delivery service provider to take care of this for you.
- Steam iron is the best option when ironing rayon clothes.
- Rayon clothes easily develop creases, so avoid wringing and twisting them.
If you are looking for denim-like clothing that won’t cook you alive in the summer– chambray is your fabric. This lightweight fabric is almost similar to denim, but it is breathable and is great for absorbing sweat.
Here is how you should wash, dry, and fold chambray clothes:
- Like linen and rayon, chambray can shrink in warm water– so only use cold water while washing your chambray clothes.
- Use high heat to iron your chambray clothes.
- The best way to store your chambray outfit is to turn them inside out when you put them away.
- Your chambray clothes do not need direct sunlight, so dry them in the shade.
Keep Your Summer Fabric Looking New
Your clothes will last you a long time if you take care of them the right way. Your summer clothes keep you comfortable during the scorching hot weather. Return the favor by learning how to wash, dry, and fold them the right way.
Check out your local laundry service provider or book a laundry delivery service if you need help handling different fabrics with special care instructions.