It’s always a bit nerve-wracking to clean delicate clothing items. One wrong move, and you might have to kiss that (often expensive) piece of clothing goodbye.
With that in mind, we wanted to put together a quick, handy guide that you can quickly follow when it’s time to clean your delicate clothing items. Without further ado, here’s what you need to do:
- Start by sorting your delicate clothes based on color, similar to your other laundry.
- Set your water to lukewarm or cool. This will ensure that you lift dirt without damaging the fabric.
- Use specialized detergent for delicate items. DO NOT use regular detergent.
- Soak your clothes according to color in the water and detergent, making sure to agitate, massage, and swirl lightly.
- Using a different wash basin or clean bowl, rinse the soaked clothes with clean, cold water.
- Remove excess water by folding and pressing the clothes against the edge of your wash basin. Try to remove as much moisture as you can without twisting or wrenching the cloth.
- Reshape the clothing piece.
- Lay your clothes out flat to dry — do not hang them up.
Still Nervous? We Get It
It’s okay to not want to damage your clothes! And that’s exactly why we do what we do here at SpinXpress. We’re experts in taking care of your clothes — even the delicate ones.
If you’d rather trust your prized clothing item to someone who’s done it before, get in touch with us. You’ll be glad you did!